HOW TO REDUCE THE APPEARANCE OF PORES
First things first: you can’t change the size of your pores. Pore size is determined by your genes, but you can take steps to make them less noticeable and create a smoother appearance. Follow these tips to reduce the appearance of your pores:
- Stop using products that clog your pores or cause your skin to produce more oil. These include thick, greasy creams or moisturizers, silicone-based products, and even soaps. Emollients and silicone can cause blockages in your pores that make them look enlarged, while the drying effect of soaps cause the skin to produce more sebum in an effort to compensate.
- Keep your skin clean so pores don’t get clogged. Remove the buildup of oil, dirt and dead skin cells twice a day using the soap-free Sebium Foaming Gel, or Sebium H2O Micelle Solution. Both products are tinted blue because of their copper sulfate content, which gives your skin a deeper cleanse.
- Use a light, oil-free moisturizer to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. Sebium Hydra is especially good for skin that has become dry or irritated because of harsh skin care products and treatments.
- Wear sunscreen daily. UV rays wreck a lot of damage on the skin, including causing your pores to appear larger. Photoderm Max Ultra Fluid SPF50+ provides a high level of broad spectrum protection, plus it’s a noncomedogenic formula that you can use every day.
- Apply a refining solution. The Sebium Pore Refiner is a lightweight formula that evens out the texture of your skin and minimizes the appearance of your pores. It also helps control oil and gives skin a matte finish. You can use this as primer for your makeup, too!
Sebium and Photoderm are skin care lines directed at oily skin care and sun protection, respectively. Bioderma is available from leading dermatological clinics, and select Watsons stores.
Check the wide array of products Bioderma has to offer to all the ladies out there!