HOW TO PREVENT AND TREAT SUNBURN
When you’re enjoying the great outdoors, it’s easy to forget to reapply your sunscreen. Sunburns can result in painful red blisters, so here are a few tips for soothing your inflamed skin:
- Take short but frequent showers to help relieve pain. You can also try applying a cold, damp towel if the burn is concentrated in a single area. For extreme cases, you can take ibuprofen for pain management.
- Drink lots of water. The prolonged sun exposure can dehydrate you inside as well as out, so you need to replenish your moisture levels.
- When outdoors, cover up sunburned skin while it heals. Use wraps and other clothing to keep it from being exposed to direct sunlight.
- If your skin blisters, resist the urge to pop them! The blisters protect damaged skin from infection while a new layer forms underneath.
- Use a medicated moisturizer to soothe and treat the area. Bioderma Cicabio Lotion is specially formulated for irritated and damaged skin and can be applied twice daily to promote healing.
Remember, even minor sunburns can do a lot of damage to your skin. Wear protective clothing whenever there’s a risk of sun exposure, and keep a tube of your favorite Photoderm sunscreen variant in your purse so you can reapply at every two hours. It may seem too fussy, but ensuring that your skin is always protected from harmful UV rays definitely pays off!
Bioderma is available from leading dermatological clinics and from select Watsons stores.
Check the wide array of products Bioderma has to offer to all the ladies out there!